Who We Are
- The Empire State Passenger Association (ESPA) is a volunteer network of citizens, founded in 1980, constantly working to improve and expand Amtrak and public transit services across New York State, from Montauk to Niagara Falls and Dunkirk to Plattsburgh. Currently, over 1,000 members suppoert the work and mission of the Association
- Our aspiration is a modern, comfortable, and convenient transportation system with seamless connections between trains and rental cars, buses, ferries, airports & local transit options.
- The Association is guided by its elected Officers and State-Wide Regional Coordinators. Membership in the Association is open to all intersted persons.
- The Association is fully independent and does not accept direction or funding from any governmental or political entity; any railroad or allied industry business or from any organized labor organizations.
Become an ESPA Member
Help us achieve our goals!
- Reduce Trip Times
- Increase Train Frequencies
- Improve On-Time Performance
- Replace Aging Equipment
- Expand Peak Train Capacity
- Establish State-Funded Improvement Plans
- Streamline Cross Border Inspections
- Promote Passenger-Friendly Fares
- Restore Café Service On Hudson Valleyn Trains
- Expand Regional Rail Network
- Enhance On Board Services & Amenities
- Improve Coordinated Train - Bus Connecting Services
- Expand Local Public Transit Options In All Areas Of The State